a coming of age story about gender and battle bots;
an intergalactic romp filled with love, math and dance breaks;
a drama about the members of a close-knit community in the aftermath of an assault;
an ethereal journey through years and memories on the shore of a beach;
a developmental process of a play about privilege and the ways it connects or divides us.
We want you to help us bring these stories to life.
Thank you for your interest in directing with Campfire Theatre Festival! We are on the hunt for five talented directors to direct our four staged readings and one Spark program developmental workshop. We are particularly looking to offer opportunities to artists that identify as part of underrepresented groups, as well as artists that identify as early-career. All directors will receive a small stipend. Directors from outside of Boise will have their travel and housing in Boise provided (applicants must live within the USA). The commitment will be September 2-9, 2018 in Boise, Idaho.
TO APPLY, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A document containing the following information:
- Email address
- Where do you currently live?
- How did you hear about Campfire Theatre Festival?
- Do you belong to any of the following groups:
- Do you have any scheduling conflicts September 2-9, 2018?
- Are you more comfortable with directing a staged reading or leading a new play developmental workshop?
- If you are more interested in the development process, what experience do you have directing workshops?
- Theatrical resume
- A video addressing the following topics (this video should be simple, you talking to the camera. We just want to get a better sense of who you are and what kind of plays you're into/have experience with. Send it from your phone, webcam, whatever works.):
- Which of the play descriptions above is most engaging to you and why?
- What is your directing style?
- What kind of plays are you drawn to?
- Why would this opportunity benefit you at this point in your career?
The deadline to apply is June 19, 2018. Please contact email@example.com with questions.